Sunday, September 21, 2014

Spider Jar

Hello there. I can't help but get started on a bit of Halloween happiness so here is a fun card for today.
I felt like going with an unconventional color for Halloween so I went with some lovely blues. I stamped the jar from Sizzix Jar stamp/die combo and then cut a jar to use as a mask to lay the Distress Inks. I used the Trick or Treat stamp/die combo from Simon Says Stamp for the spiders and sentiment. I used Studio Calico Déjà Blue ink for the sentiment. For whatever reason, I went with a Copic marker for the lightest blue of the jar. If I were to make this card again, I would probably use Tumbled Glass Distress ink. I lightly adhered the jar mask and then used Salty Ocean, Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire for the background colors. I dropped a few water droplets to the background to remove a bit of color and then used some watered down gold Liquid Pearls from Ranger for the gold splatter. I used foam tape for some dimension for the sentiment. That's it for today. See you soon. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment