Sunday, September 7, 2014

I Love Fall

Well, hello there! I was using my circle dies for the shaker card the other day and decided that I don't use them as often as I should. Also, the second part of my inspiration for this card is this card layout that I keep seeing everywhere. The two half circles at the bottom...yeah, those. I see everyone doing cards like this so I thought I would make it mine. Here goes...
Pretty, right? I'm trying to channel fall and winter since it's been so darn hot out here lately, it gives me something to look forward to. Lawn Fawn's Into the Woods was my inspiration, it oozes all things fall and cutesy. I stamped the acorn and fox with Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic colored the little guys and gave them a little Wink of Stella love before I die cut them. I stamped the leaves onto the card base with Studio Calico's Doc Brown and Orange County and then used Simon Says Stamp's Lipstick Red, Green Leaf, Lemon Chiffon, Green Apple, and lastly, Khaki. I randomly chose a few leaves to brush a touch of the Wink of Stella clear for a bit of sparkle. I stamped the sentiment with the Dew Drop Galaxy Gold and set it aside to dry while I worked on the front panel. I die cut the circles and then made a ring to pop up with foam adhesive to frame the circle and add depth. I used some gold embroidery floss and Paper Smooches Stitched & Toppers Dies to make that little gold tag. I used that Galaxy Gold pigment ink again, just stamped it onto scrap paper, let it dry and then die cut it. I used foam adhesive to pop up the whole panel so the window would have even more depth and adhered the little critters into their new home. That's it for now, hope you like it.

3 comments:

  1. I love the stamped leaves behind the Fox! I think I'm gonna try that out! Thanks for sharing! <3amk

    ReplyDelete