Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Rocket Ship

Hola! I was inspired by EVERYONE trying this Distress ink background. So, I jumped on the background bandwagon but was also inspired by a little boy I know who is completely in love with all things space. Here it is.
I started with Tim Holtz watercolor paper, smooshed my Distress inks on my craft mat, spritzed the inked mat with water and then turned the watercolor paper onto the inky water for this effect. I used Shaded Lilac, Dusty Concord, Seedless Preserves and Faded Jeans. I let it dry under something heavy to keep it from warping and adhered it with some Scor Tape to the card base. I used Lawn Fawn's Blue Skies for that adorable teeny tiny star and Tsukineko Galaxy Gold dew drop pigment ink. The rocket ship is from My Minds Eye, called Boy Crazy. I gave the rocket a quick wash of color with some Copics and then went over the whole thing with my black Wink of Stella glitter brush pen. I cut it out and popped it up with foam adhesive. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp, called Birthday Balloons, I just gold heat embossed it onto vellum. The sequins are from Neat & Tangled called Birthday Bash. Hope you like it. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment