Monday, October 27, 2014

You're a Hoot

Hello! I'm participating in another challenge. This time, it's for Paper Smooches. I don't think I have a chance of winning at all (there was a stamp designer with an entry) but I thought it would be fun to enter this little pretty bird anyway. Plus, don't we all love a little Paper Smooches? Here it is.
 
I used a free digi stamp from the Paper Smooches blog because I wanted to make something with a Halloween theme. I used Distress Inks in Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord and Chipped Sapphire for the background. I stamped the clouds using the Spectrum stamp set from PS. I printed out the owl and gave her a quick coloring with Copics and masked her off so I could make it look like she was in front of the moon. I used Mustard Seed Distress Ink for the moon and Lawn Fawn Stitched Party Banners to die cut the circle. I used the Dots & Dashes dies from Paper Smooches for the strip down the middle of the inked panel. The patterned papers behind the sentiment are from Doodlebug. That's it for now, thanks for stopping by today. See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. this is so cute! great colors and wonderful take on the sketch! thanks so much for joining us this week at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

    ReplyDelete