Monday, October 13, 2014

"O" is for Orange Ombre

Hi all! It's challenge time again! The challenge is from Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog being inspired by the letter "O".  My "O" is for orange and ombre. Here's a look at the card.
I covered the most dramatic part of my ombre effect with the tag, oops. Well, it's still very orange. I used Paper Smooches Blossoming Buds for the flowers and sentiment and PS for the stitched tag as well. I stamped the flowers in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored the flowers with Copics trying to keep within a fall color theme. I die cut the tags and white heat embossed the orange one. I used Ranger Texture Paste and a stencil from Clear Scraps for the background. After the paste dried, I used the Tim Holtz mini ink blending tool and Distress inks including Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey and Dried Marigold to get an ombre effect. I popped up the tags and flowers with foam tape and finished the card with some gold embroidery thread. Simple and very orange! Thanks for visiting today! See you soon!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely ADORE this card! I was so impressed at how well you used the texture paste here. I usually end up looking like I blobbed on some lumpy oatmeal whenever I hit the paste. I admire how smoooooth your background looks, while still maintaining that fabulous dimensional texture. I had to laugh when you wrote that you'd covered up the most dramatic part of your ombre! Rest assured that the ombre is still looking fabulous! Really great work on this card and I'm so glad you shared your skills with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete