Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Watercolor Wreath

Hello there. It's watercolor day in OCC Holiday Card Workshop. I only had 2 pieces of Tim Holtz watercolor cardstock left so I didn't want to mess the whole card up by trying to recreate the woodgrain background. So, my little card looks a bit stark. Here's my simple take on Dawn's card.

I didn't have a wreath to stamp but I did have this little stamp set from Lawn Fawn! I stamped the branches in Distress ink and went over them with a watercolor brush. I used Shabby Shutters for the first layer, Forest Moss for the second and Peeled Paint for the last. I tried to make those cool red berries but they turned out terrible. I tried to put some clear Wink of Stella and Ranger Glossy Accents on them to make them look better...no luck. After the Glossy Accents dried, I scraped the red mess off and covered the sad spots with some sequins, a banner and a die cut bow. The banner and bow die are from Papertrey Ink Tinsel and Tags collection. The white heat embossed sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp Be Joyful. The patterned paper is Lawn Fawn Snow Day. I'll try again when I get some more paper in. Thanks for checking out my little card today. See you soon.

2 comments: