Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Gold Splatter Christmas Blessings

Hi again. Here's one more card from Day 1 of OCC Holiday Card Workshop. This is my take on Debby Hughes card.

I really wanted that nifty rounded edge tag, so I made one from a circle die. I just rounded the bottom corners with my corner chomper and got the same look, my pocketbook thanks me. I used the Christmas Blessings dies from Simon Says Stamp for the sentiment. The large white snowflake is from My Favorite Things. I die cut circles from Lawn Fawn Snow Day patterned paper and then white heat embossed the snowflake from Stampin Up Endless Wishes. The twine is from Lawn Fawn. That's all for now. Thanks for checking out my work today. See you soon.

3 comments:

  1. Hey what a great idea to make a tag from a rounded circle die. I need to try this. I actually hand cut one.....didn't really like the look of it. Gonna try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! I don't have a rounded tag die, and haven't been able to create anything I like yet... thank you for the inspiration! I am going to give this a try. By the way, your cards are beautiful! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Monica,
    I like your cards. Thanks for sharing your "rounded tag"-idea - I will try it too.
    The MFT-snowflake is very pretty, I havn't seen it before.

    ReplyDelete