Friday, September 2, 2016

Shaker Tags

Hello there! I'm up on the Ink Road blog with this super fun set of shaker tags. These were so fun to make, let's take a quick look. 
These would be so amazing to add to a gift bag or just the finishing touch to a wrapped present. Let's jump right in to how I put these little guys together. 
I die cut some Canson cold pressed watercolor paper using the Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Duo 1 tag die, three times. I used the Tim Holtz ink blending tool and Distress Inks in Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick for the first tag, Cracked Pistachio and Mermaid Lagoon for the second, and Squeezed Lemonade and Carved Pumpkin for the last. I made sure to blend the tag leaving the very top un-inked for an ombre-type look. 

I die cut the front shaker window using some white cardstock, three times. To die cut the window portion, I used the second smallest die from the Stacked Stitched Rectangle die set from Kennedy Grace Creations. I saved the cut rectangle for another project, you can use any shape die that fits into the tag to create your window. 
I used the same tag die to cut some acetate for the shaker window. I added some Scor-Tape to the back side of the cardstock piece and added the acetate to finish the window. After the window was complete, I added some doubled up foam tape to the perimeter of the window piece. Time to add sequins! For the pink tag, I added Tinkerbelle's Sparkle sequin mix. For the blue tag I added the Kindness Medley sequin mix and for the yellow tag I added the Peaches & Cream sequin mix which are all from Kennedy Grace Creations. For a little more sparkle, I added a little shake of Iridescent Hearts and Starts glitter from Martha Stewart. 
I stamped the hamsters and their wheels with some Copic friendly Memento Tuxedo black ink. The adorable hamsters are from the Wheelie Like You stamp set from Lawn Fawn. I used the Wheelie Like You die set to cut them out after I gave them a quick coloring. I adhered each wheel to the front of the tag and then added some foam tape to the back of each hamster to give them some dimension. I finished the tags with Wood Veneer Hearts and Wood Veneer Scripty Hugs from Lawn Fawn and tied them with some natural twine from May Arts. 

Here's a quick list of products used for these tags:
Lawn Fawn - Wood Veneer Hearts

 These beautiful products are available at The Ink Road Shop.  Be sure to punch in the code MONICA20 to save 20% off your next order. Use anytime, as many times as you would like. Thank you so much for visiting today. I'll see you soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment