Thursday, August 18, 2016

Unicorn Shaker

Hello there! I'm up on the Ink Road blog with this colorful shaker card. Let's take a quick look at the card. 
This card just makes me super happy. I'm sure that shaking those colorful sequins would make anyone's day. Let's get right into how I put this card together. 
I started with a panel of white cardstock that measured 2 3/4" x 5 1/2" for the front part of the shaker. I used the Clouds die set from Paper Smooches to pop out those clouds. I adhered some acetate to the back side of the panel with some Scor-Tape and then I took the outline portion of the clouds and adhered them to the front of the acetate. 

I doubled up my foam tape to give the sequins lots of room to move and then carefully sectioned off each cloud with the foam tape so I could put different sequin mixes in with each cloud. I used Peaches & Cream, Tinkerbelle's Sparkle, Limeaid Ice and Iced Berries sequin mixes from Kennedy Grace Creations. I added that colorful paper from Amy Tangerine's Finders Keepers 6x6 paper pad before I adhered the cloud panel. 
I colored the unicorn from the Be a Unicorn stamp set from Avery Elle and gave her mane some shimmer with some Clear Wink of Stella. I used the matching die set to cut her out and adhered half of her body to the top shaker portion of the card. I added a few pieces of the doubled up foam tape to her back hooves and tail. I die cut the Thanks sentiment from some shiny black cardstock from Michael's and the die from the Hello, Thanks and Hi! collection from Little Yellow Bicycle. I adhered the top portion of the sentiment to the shaker and called it a day. 

Here's a quick list of products used for the card:
Kennedy Grace Creations - Peaches & Cream sequin mix
Kennedy Grace Creations - Tinkerbelle's Sparkle sequin mix
Kennedy Grace Creations - Limeaid Ice sequin mix
Kennedy Grace Creations - Iced Berries sequin mix
Little Yellow Bicycle - Hello, Thanks and Hi die set

 These beautiful products are available at The Ink Road Shop.  Be sure to punch in the code MONICA20 to save 20% off your next order. Use anytime, as many times as you would like. Thank you so much for visiting today. I'll see you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment