Friday, August 5, 2016

Let's Celebrate

Hi there! I'm up on the Ink Road blog with this super happy birthday card. I'm sharing another way to make the most of your themed or special occasion stamps to use them all year round.  Let's take a look.
I love seeing all of those critters together, they're so cute! Let's jump right into how I put this together.
I die cut the paper panel using Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle dies and placed a row of critters that wouldn't be touching. The bunnies are from the Happy Easter stamp set, the chick is from Chirpy Chirp Chirp, the Racoon is from the Holiday Party Animal stamp set and the Hamster is from the Wheelie Like You set, which are all from Lawn Fawn. 
I stamped the birdies that would be touching the first row of animals as a second step because if you wanted to stamp everything together, they wouldn't line up right. The two birdies with hats are from the Lawn Fawn Party Animal stamp set and the bird without the hat is from the Happy Easter set. I masked some of the animals off with some Post-It tape for the next step. 
Here's the fun part, I used the EGG stamp from the Chirpy Chirp Chirp set as a balloon for the critter party! I turned the egg upside down and used the dashed line that was supposed to be used to show the butterfly's flight pattern as the string for the balloon. I drew in a quick string bow with my marker to bring the whole balloon together and because the animals are masked off, the strings look like they are behind them. I used Copic markers to color the critters and balloons and decided to color and die cut some hats and accessories from the Party Animal set. I silver heat embossed the sentiment from the Holiday Party Animal set onto some vellum and taped it on the back side of the panel. I die cut a scalloped black panel as a mat to bring a fun edge to the whole card and called it a day. 

Here's a quick list of products used for the card:
Lawn Fawn - Happy Easter stamp set
Lawn Fawn - Chirpy Chirp Chirp stamp set
Lawn Fawn - Wheelie Like You stamp set
Lawn Fawn - Holiday Party Animal stamp set

These beautiful products are available at The Ink Road Shop.  Be sure to punch in the code MONICA10 to save 10% off your next order. Use anytime, as many times as you would like. Thank you so much for visiting today. I'll see you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment