Friday, January 19, 2018

Ten Kinds of Wonderful

Hi there! I'm up on the Ink Road Blog as part of the Friday Feature using the Compliments, Vol. 1 stamp set. Let's get right into how I put this romantic little card together.
Ink Road Stamps - Compliments, Vol. 1 
I stamped the wreath from the #Beautifulmess stamp set from the Ink Road onto some Strathmore cold pressed watercolor paper in Versafine Onyx Black ink.
I laminated a piece of cardstock and smooshed the Distress Oxide ink pads onto it to create a quick palette for watercoloring the leaves of the wreath. I used Peeled Paint, Lucky Clover and Cracked Pistachio.
I made quick mask with a Post-it note for the wreaths to be able to stamp the swans inside. The swan is from the Swanderful stamp set from the Ink Road. I used Spiced Marmalade and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide inks for the beaks, cheeks and flowers for the rest of the card.
I stamped the sentiment from the Compliments Vol. 1 stamp set from the Ink Road onto the card base. I split the watercolor panel to show off the sentiment and trimmed the panel to fit the card base. I added foam tape behind the watercolor panel pieces for dimension and called it a day. I hope you give this card a try. Thanks so much for popping by today, I'll see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment