Friday, May 6, 2016

Thinking of You

Hello there! I'm up on the Ink Road Blog again with this extra special card just in time for Mother's Day. Let's take a look at the card. 
I started with a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch square card base. The gorgeous patterned paper is from Pink Paislee C'est La Vie No. 4
I used the outline stamp from the Beautiful Day stamp set from Altenew and some Strathmore cold pressed watercolor paper to make my own patterned paper. I made a quick mask from some Post-It paper and some Fog ink from Simon Says Stamp to stamp the images without overlapping. 
I tore the edges off the stamped paper to give it a shabby chic kind of look. 
I used Frosty Red ink from Altenew for the first layer of the flower, Cotton Candy for the second layer and Coral Berry for the last. The first layer of the leaves were stamped in Frayed Leaf and the last in Forest Glades, both Altenew inks. I used a technique I was excited to try that I learned from Jennifer McGuire, called Faux Colored Embossing to give the last layer of the flower and leaves some dimension. After stamping that last layer, I just cleaned off my stamp and then stamped the same image with VersaMark and clear heat embossed the image. Easy peasy. 
The sentiment is from the Painted Greetings stamp set from Altenew. I white heat embossed the sentiment onto some Fog cardstock from Simon Says Stamp and gave it a quick shadow with a VersaMarker. 

Here's a quick list of products used for the card:
Altenew, Beautiful Day stamp set
Altenew, Painted Greetings stamp set
These lovely products are available at The Ink Road Shop.  Be sure to punch in the code MONICA10 to save 10% off your next order. Use anytime, as many times as you would like. Thanks so much for visiting today. I'll see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment