Friday, March 18, 2016

Typewriter Hugs

Hi there! I'm up on the Ink Road Blog again with this fun all occasion card. Let's take a look.
The beautiful typewriter patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye My Story collection. I die cut a rounded slant from the panel with the dies from Simon Says Stamp called Stitched Slopes & Hills.
I gold heat embossed the glasses from the Clear To See stamp set from Lawn Fawn onto some patterned paper from Heidi Swapp, To fill in some negative space, I used the tiny heart stamp from the Winter Alpaca stamp set from Lawn Fawn and some Dew Drop Galaxy Gold pigment ink. 
I decided to make my own gold dipped faux chipboard for the sentiment. I die cut the sentiment using the Scripty Hugs die from Lawn Fawn 5 times from scrap cardstock and glued them together. 
I masked off the top part of the sentiment with some Post-It tape and smooshed the bottom part into the Versamark Ink pad. I sprinkled the gold embossing powder and heat set it before removing the Post-It tape. Voila, my very own gold dipped faux chipboard sentiment! I ended up toning down the gold glasses panel with a layer of vellum because it was too busy. I finished the card with some May Arts natural twine and some foam tape behind the panel for some dimension.

Here's a quick list of some products used for this card:
My Mind's Eye, My Story patterned paper
These gorgeous products are available at The Ink Road Shop. Don't forget to use the code MONICA10 for 10% off your orders. Use anytime, as many times as you would like. Thank you so much for stopping by today. I'll see you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment