Friday, March 11, 2016

Monster Card Set

Hello there! I'm up on the Ink Road Blog with this fun card set today. I'm always making birthday cards so I thought it would be nice to make a card set to give as a gift. Here's a look at the set. 


Aren't those monsters the cutest? Their little faces are so adorable! Now let me show you how I made the cards.
I used some Ranger Alcohol ink in Pool and an an inexpensive brush from Michaels. You can use whatever you have around, watercolors would work just as well. Just a quick tip, to clean my little paint dish and paintbrush I just used a little rubbing alcohol. I die cut the panel using Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangles dies for a finished look. Let's move on to the next step.
I stamped the monsters using the Monster Love stamp set from Mommy Lhey in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I did some quick Copic coloring, the color combos are listed above. You can use whatever markers, colored pencils or watercolors you have available. I cut the monsters out and set them aside. I die cut a circle using Lawn Fawn Stitched Circles dies in 3 1/2 inch size. The polka dots are from a background stamp from Inkadinkadoo and Hero Arts Ombre ink pad Grey to Black

I used the Birthday Tags stamp set from Lawn Fawn for the sentiment and silver heat embossed it onto some vellum. I used the matching dies from Lawn Fawn, called Tag, You're It to cut the vellum. I cut some patterned paper from Pebbles, Cottage Living collection from  Jen Hadfield to go behind the vellum using the same Lawn Fawn die. Here's a fun tip. I trace the back side of the embossed sentiment with some Quickie Glue so your adhesive doesn't show, you get a clean look and your tag stays in place. 

Here's a list of some products used for this card set:
Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangles Dies
Mommy Lhey, Monster Love

These amazing products are available at The Ink Road Shop. Don't forget to use the code MONICA10 for 10% off your orders. Use anytime, as many times as you would like. Thanks so much for visiting today. I'll see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment