Sunday, December 10, 2017

Merry & Bright

Hello, I'm up on the Ink Road blog again with a dreamy watercolor Christmas card. Let's jump right in to how I put it together.
I used the Fir Real stamp set from The Ink Road for the trees. I stamped some trees onto some Post-It tape to create masks to layer the trees as I white heat embossed them from the bottom of the panel going upward. I used a strip of Strathmore cold pressed watercolor paper for this panel. 
Next came the watercoloring. I used the Jane Davenport Mixed Media Petite Palette Brights watercolor set, focusing on the darkest green color in Mermaid and the darkest blue in the shade Ink.
I used the snowflakes from the Holla Days stamp set from the Ink Road. I heat embossed the snowflakes on navy cardstock with navy embossing powder from Simon Says Stamp. I die cut the snowflake from some white glitter paper using the largest snowflake from the Lawn Fawn Stitched Snowflakes die set. I heat embossed the sentiment from the Fir Real stamp set in the same navy embossing powder. I adhered the watercolor panel with some foam tape to give the card some dimension and called it a day. I hope you give this a try. Thanks for stopping by today. I'll see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment