Friday, July 8, 2016

Animal Selfies

Hi there! I'm up on the Ink Road Blog again with this fun thank you card for your favorite animal lover. Lets take a look at the card. 
I saw Nina from Waffle Flower use this grid technique and I thought I could apply this using these awesome Hipster Animals from Hero Arts. It's a lot easier than it looks. Lets get right into it.
I mapped out a quick 3x3 inch grid to make the 9 boxes. I used the 1x1 inch square from the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Squares Dies to cut a mask with some scrap cardstock. 
I used some Copic friendly Tsukineko Memento ink in Tuxedo Black to stamp the animals, using a bit of washi tape to secure the mask. 
After having all the animals stamped out how I liked them, I stamped in their glasses and acessories and gave them some simple, loose coloring with Copic markers. I went over the animals with some Clear Wink of Stella for some shine.
I thought it would be fun to turn the grid into a group selfie Polaroid picture. I cut a 4 1/2 x 3 3/4 rectangle from some black cardstock and used the 3 1/2 square die from the same Simon Says Stamp die set to make the Polaroid frame. I used some paper from the Pink Paislee C'est La Vie collection and die cut the sentiment from some scrap cardstock using dies from Little Yellow Bicycle

Here is a quick list of products used for this card:

These beautiful products are available at The Ink Road Shop.  Be sure to punch in the code MONICA10 to save 10% off your next order. Use anytime, as many times as you would like. Thank you so much for visiting today. I'll see you soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment