Friday, June 3, 2016

Paper Doll Birthday Tag

Hi there! I'm up on the Ink Road Blog again with something new to me. Paper dolls! I dressed her up for summer, let's take a look at the tag.
Making tags and clothes for the doll was a fun way for me to use up my paper stash and scraps of paper that were just too pretty to toss. I used a giant tag die from Little B and some paper from Pinkfresh Studio Felicity for the first layer of the tag. I die cut the tag once again from some gorgeous gold foil vellum from Dear Lizzy called Hooray
The paper doll is the Mindy stamp from Prima-Julie Nutting. I stamped Mindy with some Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black ink so I could give her a quick Copic coloring. I gave a quick listing of Copics used for her hair and skin. 
I stamped the dress portion onto some paper from My Mind's Eye On Trend 2 collection and cut out the entire dress. I did the same with the bottom ruffle of the dress. I simply cut them out and pieced them back on Mindy to give her a fun floral dress. 
One finishing touch worth mentioning is that I went around Mindy with a Memento Dual Marker in that same Tuxedo Black to get rid of that white cut edge. I think it gives her a finished look and makes her contrast against the tag a bit more. I die cut the sentiment twice from some black cardstock and the Little Yellow Bicycle die set. I used some Ribbon Remnants from the Ink Road Shop to add some more shine to the tag. 

Here's a quick list of products used for the tag:

These lovely products are available at The Ink Road Shop.  Be sure to punch in the code MONICA10 to save 10% off your next order. Use anytime, as many times as you would like. Thanks so much for visiting today. I'll see you soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment