Sunday, June 24, 2018

Tie Dye Coffee Card

Hi there! I'm up on the Ink Road Blog with a bright tie dyed card that's perfect for your favorite coffee fanatic. Let's get right into how I put the card together. 
I started with the coffee cup from the Modern Romance stamp set from Ink Road Stamps. I simply cut the steam from the cup to save space on the card. I drew some quick guidelines to stagger the cups for more interest. The cups were stamped in Versafine Onyx Black ink onto some Canson cold pressed watercolor paper and while the ink was still wet, I sprinkled some clear embossing powder and heat embossed the cups for some shine. 
Following along the penciled guidelines, I taped off the each row with some Frogtape painter's tape. I loosely watercolored around each coffee cup using the Jane Davenport bright palette and dried each row with a heat gun before starting a new row. 
After I removed the painter's tape, I noticed the lines weren't as crisp as I would have liked so I added some thin washi tape for a cleaner look.
I white heat embossed the sentiment from the Stars Hollow stamp set onto some black cardstock and added foam tape behind it for some dimension. I really hope you give this card a try. Thanks so much for popping by today. See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card!! 😊 I love the bright watercolors! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete