Friday, March 23, 2018

Galaxy Spinner


Hi there! I'm up on the Ink Road blog as part of the Friday Feature showcasing the Iconic stamp set from The Ink Road.
Iconic 
I love this stamp set. It pairs beautifully with the Compliments Vol. 1 and 2 stamp sets or just on its own. The big, bold images are versatile as well as the adorable little faces that you can use on just about anything. Let's get right into how I put the card together. 
I stamped the globe twice using some Black Licorice hybrid ink from My Favorite Things. I made sure to use different faces on the globe so that when it spun, it would look like it was winking. I gave the globes a quick coloring with some Copic markers and used the Stitched Circles die from Simon Says Stamp to pop them out. 
I ran the globes through the Xyron sticker maker to make sure they would adhere together seamlessly. I sandwiched some black thread between them to create the spinner. 
To create the galaxy panel, I started with some Canson cold pressed watercolor paper and Peerless watercolors. I dabbed big washes of color and let the panel dry completely. After the panel was dry, I used some Gansi Tambi watercolor in Black to darken the panel and splattered some black ink. I also splattered some white ink from Mister Huey's color mists for the starry effect. I trimmed the panel using the Finished Frames dies from Avery Elle.
Using the same Stitched Circle dies, with the next larger size, I punched out a circle from the watercolor panel. I carefully traced a circle using the watercolor panel onto the front of the card to punch out a circle from there as well. I simply sandwiched the thread between the watercolor panel and the card front to make a the globe spin. Finally, I white heat embossed the sentiment from the Compliments Vol. 2 stamp set onto some dark gray cardstock and used foam tape to give it some dimension. I hope you give this card a try. Thank you so much for popping by today. See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment