Saturday, October 7, 2017

Beautiful Soul

Hi again! I'm up on the Ink Road Blog sharing this colorful card with a sentiment that I absolutely adore.
I love how bright and cheery this card came out. Also, a lot easier to color than it looks. Let's jump right in to how I put it together.
I white heat embossed hearts from the Blended stamp set from The Ink Road onto some Canson cold press watercolor paper.
This is where all the fun is, watercoloring! I used the Jane Davenport Brights Watercolor Set. I just filled a few triangles from each heart with full pigment on the brush and then watered down my brush as I filled in more of the heart until it was done. No blending, just fill, water down, fill...fun, right? 
I wanted to add a bit of dimension to the hearts so I watercolored a quick shadow on the left side of the heart using that gorgeous light blue. The sentiment is from the #Beautifulmess stamp set from The Ink Road. I white heat embossed the sentiment onto some black cardstock and used the Stacked Pierced Banners from Create a Smile to die cut it. I used the Finished Frames dies to cut the watercolored panel and called it a day. I hope you give this a try, thanks so much for popping by. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment