Friday, September 9, 2016

Make a Wish

Hi there! I'm up on the Ink Road Blog with this elegant birthday card today. Let's take a look at the whole card. 
I colored the cake the same way I would want to eat it in real life, haha! Let's get into how I put the card together.
I stamped the cake from the Concord & 9th Happy Day stamp set in Versafine Onyx Black ink, onto some Canson cold pressed watercolor paper. I gave the cake and flowers some color using Zig Clean Color real brush markers. I used marker numbers 021, 033, 041, 044, 052, 072, 090 and 093. I used the matching Happy Day dies from Concord & 9th to cut the cake...haha. 
I die cut a piece of vellum using Kennedy Grace Creations Stacked Stitched Rectangle dies and temporarily attached the cake to the front of the vellum with washi tape. I turned the vellum panel over and drew in some lines to see where I wanted to heat emboss the base of the sparklers for the cake. I traced the cake as well so I could line the cake up after heat embossing the sparklers. 
I used white embossing powder for the base of the sparklers and Ranger Gold Tinsel powder for the sparkly part. I cut some patterned paper from the Maggie Holmes Gather collection to 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (A2). I used some 1/8" Scor-Tape on the stitched part of the vellum to try to camouflage the adhesive and added it to the patterned paper panel. I stamped and die cut the sentiment and added foam tape behind it for some dimension. Lastly, I added a touch of white Enamel Accents from Ranger to the "filling" of the cake and the the center of the flowers for some shine. 

Here's a quick list of products used for the card:
Concord & 9th - Happy Day stamp set
Concord & 9th -  Happy Day die set
Maggie Holmes - Gather 12x12 paper pad 

 These beautiful products are available at The Ink Road Shop.  Be sure to punch in the code MONICA20 to save 20% off your next order. Use anytime, as many times as you would like. Thank you so much for visiting today. I'll see you soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment