Friday, September 16, 2016

Bottomless Thanks

Hello there! I'm up on the Ink Road blog having some fun with paper piecing. Let's have a look at the entire card.
Paper piecing is a great way to use up all of those paper scraps you knew were too pretty to throw away. Let's jump right into how I put the card together. 
These adorable teacups are from the Avery Elle Tea Time stamp set. I stamped the cups onto some patterned paper from the Maggie Holmes Gather Collection and then cut them out. 
I used another sheet of paper from the Gather collection but I thought it could use a bit of shine so I clear heat embossed it with the Woodgrain Bold Prints background stamp by Lia Griffith and Hero Arts. 

To stack those little cups, I used an X-acto knife to run a little slit along the front of the tea cup and then slid the bottom of the tea cup at an angle for some interest. I taped the back of the stack after I was happy with how it looked. 

I used the Scalloped Stitched Rectangle dies from Kennedy Grace Creations and a rectangle die to punch out the center to make a frame for the card. I heat embossed the sentiment with some rose gold embossing powder from Simon Says Stamp onto some vellum. I used Scor-Tape to adhere the vellum to the white frame. I used foam tape behind the frame and behind the tea cups to give the whole card some dimension and called it a day. 

Here's a quick list of products used for the card:

 These beautiful products are available at The Ink Road Shop.  Be sure to punch in the code MONICA20 to save 20% off your next order. Use anytime, as many times as you would like. Thank you so much for visiting today. I'll see you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment